Know It All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Transit Self built camper

2 posters

Go down

Ford Transit Self built camper Empty Ford Transit Self built camper

Post  HugoM Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:54 pm

This van is a great runner with a very practical nicely built camper conversion. The engine is a 2.5 diesel and has driven 195'000 miles. My mechanic describes these engines as Bombproof. they will run forever if looked after properly. She has a dual fuel filter system fitted, and runs very well and economically on vegetable oil and filtered waste oil (FREE FUEL). The only mechanics needing done is the rear drum brakes need the pads changed. She is MOT'd until september but the tax has expired. The chassis and underbody has always been treated with waxoyl and is strong and rust free. It includes a spare wheel and is fitted with new Winter tyres worth 500 euros.
As with all old transits their weakpoint is rust on the bodywork. Mainly wheel arches and edges of doors. I have cleaned treated and resprayed all the patches of rust that were on it! the only one left is on the base of the back door.
Inside she has a great bassy soundsytem with a subwoofer and big amp fitted. A full size single bed (mattress and bedding included) the bed lifts up on hinges to reveal two large storage cabinets underneath perfect for clothes or surfing/winter gear. Under those is a long storage compartment perfect size for a few sets of skis, boards, surfboards or anything else. The interior is made of wooden laminate flooring and walls are vinyl which is very easy to clean after muddy days biking or festivals, partys or anything else you may get up to.
Anyway have a look at the photos and come and see her she is called Orangina and would love some more adventures and a good home!
Includes 20m extension for hooking up to electrics, two camping chairs, snowchains, 5l fresh oil 15w 40. some basic tools. Haynes engine manual and bodywork manual. and the for fun basketball hoop (see photos)
I am looking for 1500 euros ono.

HugoM

Back to top Go down

Ford Transit Self built camper Empty Re: Ford Transit Self built camper

Post  emmetyak Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi,
I know it's a bit late, but I just found out about this forum!
Do you still have the van?

Cheers,
Andy

emmetyak

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum